Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine Visitor to my Happy Place

The good news is…

I didn't cry.


The other good news is…

I have lots of succulent starts.




The bad news is…

A big labrador dog fell into my window well sometime during the night and shredded my plants.



But I didn't cry.



So, early this morning my son heard a dog whimpering out front. We went out and found a very tired lab had tried to walk on the plastic covering on the window well. He then spent whatever strength he had trying to climb out, pulling out all the plants I had in the rock cracks with him. And stomping all over what was below.



We had to pull the plastic out from under him and lead him through the house to get out. Easier said that done. He was a nice dog, and very tired, but he didn't want to jump down from the window ledge. We had to figure something out.



After about half and hour, he went home. And his owners have no idea what their loose dog did to my plants.



So now I just need a few more years to start growing the plants that once draped gracefully from these…stubs.


Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment